My life will be getting significantly less complicated in the next month (at least I hope!), so I am thinking of ways to de-clutter, including my morning makeup routine. What do I really need to use so that I feel presentable/polished to the world? What five makeup products will do that for me?
Here are my Five Face The World Products:
|Becca Lip & Cheek Creme, Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer, CoverGirl LashBlast, Tarte EmphasEYES Brow Pencil,
MAC MSF Natural
1. I NEED BLUSH, which probably doesn’t surprise you. This blush fiend can’t leave the house without blush on! Only five products means my blush will have to be a cream, so Becca Lip & Cheek Creme in Petal would be my choice. It is a great cream blush that can be used on the lips too. Stays put all day and gives a great, natural glow.
2. A Tinted Moisturizer or a Liquid Foundation with SPF would be a must for me. I have redness issues and need a bit of coverage on my cheeks so that I can wear my beloved blushes. It’s all about the blush you know. I’ve been using the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Tinted Moisturizer that I picked up this week and it’s very moisturizing. It’s been down right freezing where I live again, and this has been great. Plus, sunscreen is a must for me. SPF 15 is fine for now, but as Spring & Summer draw closer, I will need a stronger SPF than 15.
3. Mascara would be a must for me. Even though I have long lashes, I feel mascara really wakes up the eyes and makes them more open. CoverGirl LashBlast stays put on me without smudging, plus it’s cheap as borscht. I love borscht. There’s nothing like homemade borscht (beet soup) to warm the soul! if you’re going to make borscht, you need gloves though otherwise be prepared to sport red/pink hands for a week!
4. I always define my brows no matter how little makeup I put on. I need to have my brows on. Nice brows really frame your whole face and looks polished. Tarte EmphasEYES Brow Pencil is great- it makes really small precise lines, has a twist up pencil, a brush on one end, is waterproof, and stays put all day. And if I felt like it, I could use it to line my upper lash line as well.
5. I kind of struggled with the fifth item, and finally decided on MAC MSF Natural. It gives great coverage(covers redness pretty well actually), looks great, plus has some built in SPF as well. This one is a split pan from a few years ago with a built in MSF highlighter. If you look closely, you can see that I’ve hit pan on it! I like this split pan version, and I wish they’d come out with it again. The highlighter is a bit sparkly for me, but I can make it work if I use very little. I can also use this on my eyes as a shadow/highlight.
So that’s my Five Face The World Products. What would be yours? Please share them!