You’ve probably heard all you’ve wanted to hear about the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palettes. But, I’m still gonna tell you why I like my Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette Infinity($67) because I have reasons. GOOD reasons. Aging beauty blogger reasons.
1. The design. I mean c’mon, it’s pretty striking, right? And yes I’ve heard people say BUT I DON’T LIKE HOW THE POWDERS WILL MIX WHEN I USE IT. PFFFFFFT I SAY. I have other palettes that have dividers and the powders kick up and gets in all of the shades too. Same, same. Get over it I say 😛 Nothing stays perfect looking, and when you’re my age you get over perfection really fast.
2. The shadows are super soft and smooth and blend like a dream. Yes, they kick up product. So what. A lot of mattes these days do. Again I can’t say it enough, be gentle with ALL of your products. Don’t go jamming your brushes with Hulk force into powders. Or creams for that matter. You’re just asking for trouble. I just gently touch my brush into the shade I want with Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette Infinity, and I barely get any kick up. And that gentle brush touch picks up MORE than enough pigment to work with. I like to build up my eyeshadow slowly, not WHAM BAM PIGMENT anymore. Aging eyes need gentle washes of colour you guys.
3. The shades in Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette Infinity are neutral heaven. And they allow for the most seamless of seamless blending I’ve experienced with eyeshadows. The only other shadows that are this seamless in blending that I’ve tried are Laura Mericer’s. I hear Viseart’s are something else, but I don’t wear eyeshadows enough these days to warrant getting another palette. And these mattes from Hourglass? Make the BEST crease shades, because to be honest that’s really all I like to wear these days. And these matte shades are pretty perfect for that.
4. I can wear Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette Infinity every day and not get tired of it. It goes with everything, and I can wear any of my lipsticks I want to.
5. They don’t crease or fade and last a LONG time over a primer. Looks pretty perfect still on my oily lids for longer than 12 hours easy.
6. And this is the most important reason for me: The shadows in Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette Infinity DO NOT emphasize or settle in my crow’s feet wrinkles. YES. I have wrinkles. I do. And they’re deeper on one eye too. You can see them in the above pics. I’m old, remember hahaha? And those wrinkles are another big reason why I don’t wear a lot of eyeshadows anymore. Most eyeshadows don’t blend well over the wrinkles PLUS they just emphasize them. But the shadows in Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette Infinity glide over those deep wrinkles and still blend like a dream. And I don’t feel like they look worse, as they usually do when I wear other eyeshadows. And if your lids are getting crepey(mine aren’t yet thank goodness, but the time will come soon) these shadows would work beautifully still because they are so creamy.
I know. These are pretty pricey. And honestly, if you have a lot of eyeshadows all ready and are under the age of 40, you probably don’t need this. But if you are aging like I am, and have been having trouble with eyeshadows too, then I think you should try this one. It’s become a workhorse palette for me and I take it with me when travelling as well. I like it. End of story.
What’s your favourite workhorse eyeshadow or palette?