It’s my birthday today! And since I’m turning 47(HOLY CRAP), I decided I do the 50 random facts about me tag going around.
1. I’m 47. To be honest, when I was in my early 20s I thought I would be dead by 40 for some reason, so every year after that has been a COOL-GUESS I GOTTA KEEP GOING feeling. So I do.
2. I am a first generation Ukrainian Canadian. I speak and write fluently too. So does my hubby.
3. My ancestor was a sort of famous Kozak(or Cossack) and there’s even a folk song about him.
4. I was only 4 years old in grade 1. My mom wanted me to start school early, but the public school wouldn’t take me. So, off I went to a private school run by nuns. I hated being a year younger than everyone in my grade my whole life. I never got to share the same milestones with them, like getting your drivers license, going to the bars to celebrate being able to drink legally-it sucked.
5. I had my appendix out when I was 7 years old. Scariest thing I’ve ever had happen. And the most painful too. More painful than childbirth I swear.
6. I wore my hair in braids pretty much every day until grade 8.
7. I was a chubby kid. I’ve been fighting to be slimmer my whole life.
8. I have Multiple Sclerosis. But I’m doing pretty well so far.
9. I just found out that I’m Hypothyroid. Explains why I’ve had so much trouble losing weight even though I exercise a lot and don’t eat that poorly. I sure hope the meds straighten me out.
10. Also, I’m still anemic. WHICH SUCKS TOO, because high dose iron pills hurt my stomach, and I’m not a huge beef eater. BEEF EATER HAHA.
11. Most things amuse me as you can see. 🙂 I find the most absurd things HILARIOUS.
12. Which I guess makes me immature for my age? Or do you call that ‘young at heart”? We’ll go with the second one I guess since it SOUNDS more mature, right?
13. I hate skirts. And dresses too. And high heels. Never liked ’em much to be honest.
14.And that always made me feel like such a fail at being a girl, so every once in awhile, I’d try to be a better girl. Never lasted.
15. I also HATE bras. It’s the first thing I take off when I come home. I can take my bra off without taking off my shirt in about 3 seconds flat. It’s a talent I know.
16. Oh and I won’t mention the hate I have for sandals, flip-flops and anything that shows feet.
17. I hate a lot of things when it comes to fashion it seems.
18. I love horror movies, especially when they are all bible/devil/apocalypse related. But nobody I know likes them too, so I have to watch them by myself. Which is kind of not all that fun if ya’ know what I mean.
19. Marky and I have a zombie pact. If either one of us becomes one, we’re supposed to take the other out. No zombies in this family.
20. We also have a vampire pact. If one of us becomes one, we’re to turn the other. We figure we’re made to be one anyways, being pasty pale and anemic. Plus we already have pointy incisors too. And I have a very pronounced widow’s peak. We’re halfway there already.
21. I had the Chicken Pox. And the Red Measles. And the German Measles. And Whooping Cough. I had almost every communicable childhood disease you get vaccinated for because apparently, MINE didn’t work. Needless to say, I was always sick as a kid and in and out of hospitals and doctor’s offices.
22. I was into the punk scene in high school. I’ve even seen the Ramones live.
23. I didn’t learn to drive until I was 20.
24. I’m a Canadian and don’t skate very well. Or ski. It’s kind of embarrassing.
25. I’ve helped raise a teepee once with my older brother during a New Year’s Eve festival in Winnipeg.
26. That older brother Bob was my hero when I was little. He still is.
27. But he’s sick. He’s had a liver transplant which was cool for a few years. But he’s getting sick again. When he dies I’m supposed to take his ashes back to Manitoba and sprinkle them in the forests where we used to go blueberry and mushroom picking with my parents when we were
28. I used to LOVE going fishing with my dad. I was pretty good at it too.
29. I can’t swim, even though I used to go the beach a lot growing up.
30. I want to learn how to surf. But since I can’t swim, hmmmmm…..
31. I’m a night owl. I can easily stay up all night no problem and that’s when I feel the best and most productive. I hate mornings. See-that’s just more proof I’d be a good vampire.
32. I hate summer. And the heat. And the humidity. Gross.
33. I love rain. And cool weather.
34. I don’t like booze in my coffee. BLECHH. I also don’t really care for sweet coffee drinks at Starbucks all that much. I always order drinks like Pumpkin Spice Lattes half-sweet, and they’re STILL too sweet for me most of the time.
35. I can go all day without eating sometimes. And not even notice.
36. If I ever win the lottery, I want to give enough money to cure everyone that has leprosy.
37. I’d love to work at Disneyland. Doing anything. Except bathroom duty. People are pigs in public bathrooms. If you’re gonna use a toilet seat cover THROW IT THE HECK OUT YOU FILTHY ANIMAL. And sit the hell down to pee too you moron. Nobody has died from their ass touching a public toilet seat.
38. I LOVE shoes. And boots. I have quite the collection of oxfords/brogues going on right now and I love them all equally. These are just a few of my faves:
39. I adore Disney villains. They’re way more interesting than the princesses PFFFT.
40. When I was in high school and took that career test to help you decide what you should do in life, one of the choices I got was comedian.
41. I miss board games. I loved playing all of them, but Risk was my favourite. I always sucked at The Game Of Life, getting plastic surgery after plastic surgery, having 6 kids…that game was VICIOUS.
42. I love Snoopy and The Peanuts. I will buy any T-shirt that has Snoopy on it. If you ever see any, let me know. Seriously.
#41. I will watch anything about the end of the world, apocalyptic disasters-anything along that line. I kind of like to think of it as an effort for preparedness on my part, but my family thinks I have a morbid infatuation with the end of the world. Maybe they’re right, but I don’t like surprises. Trust me. Someday, they’ll be THANKING me since I’ll know how to DO STUFF that’ll save their lives.
#42. I drink A LOT of water. Easily 8 Litres, even more if it’s an exercise day. I’d shrivel up if I only drank the recommended 8 glasses. I always have to have a water bottle(or 2) on me at all times otherwise I get nervous.
#43. I could easily be a hermit. I don’t mind being by myself for long periods of time and having nobody to talk to.
#44. I get motion sickness really easily. I always have gravol on me.
#45. I wish I could wear hats. I love them, but my big head makes me look ridiculous in them.
#46. Somedays I wish I lived in the country far away from everything and could ride horses all day. And then somedays I wish I lived in a city where everything was around and there are tons of things to do.
#47. I play the piano, guitar and violin.
#48. I don’t listen to popular radio anymore, so I really don’t know any current songs unless I hear them someplace else like while shopping. From what I can tell, I’m not missing much haha.
#49. I also don’t watch the local news on TV, I get my news online.
#50. I’d love to go back to school and study geology. But the thought of going to school again at my age is SCARY.
If you read all of that, then THANK YOU haha! That was HARD to do, but fun. You should try it if you haven’t done the tag yet! I love reading and learning something about my favourite bloggers!