Did you know that Mr. Shu Uemura is the father of cleansing oils and invented the first one in 1967 to remove movie makeup? The Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil has evolved and changed all the time with new technology to get better and better. About 10 years ago, Shu Uemura decide he wanted to create the ultimate cleansing oil-one that gave powerful yet gentle cleansing with high skincare benefits.
Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil is just that-the Ultimate Cleansing Oil!
Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil contains a combination of 8 exquisite botanical origin oils that gives skin 8 benefits: revitalization, refinement, translucence, smoothness, radiance, suppleness, moisturization and nourishment.
- Jojoba Oil which is high in Omega3 essential fatty acids to activate collagen and provide hydration plus improve skin suppleness
- Olive Squalene which is a natural emollient that mirrors human sebum and leaves skin soft and moisturized plus it provides anti-oxidant effects
- Camelia Oil, which is knows as a precious beauty oil in Japan and has restorative and rejuvenating properties due to oleic acids, Omega3,6,9 and Sasanquasaponin which has anti-oxidative properties
- Safflower Oil, which is very high in linoleic acid and found in the epidermis and Omegas 6,9 which help maintain the skin barrier
- Ginger Root Oil, a medicinal oil in Asan which reduces inflammatory and oxidative reactions. It helps prevent skin damage, reduces wrinkles, brightens and smooths skin.
- Soy Oil, which is a natural emollient that moisturizes and protects the skin
- Corn Oil which contains a variety of fatty acids and forms an ultra thin oil layer on the skin surface to protect it from dryness.
- Shea Butter, which is rich in triglycerides and fatty acids and offers protection from photodamage. It reinforces the skin’s barrier function and helps protect it from stressors.
Here’s the kicker for me: Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil also contains herbal floral notes! When you spread it on your face the first notes are Rosemary Blossom and Provence Aspic, the middle notes you’ll smell are florals like freesia and peony and the last notes are a gentle Powdery musk and a soothing Blue Cedar. It’s an amazing cleansing experience!
Oil Cleansing is easy and removes every trace of makeup, even stubborn waterproof makeup. One of the things I find particularly hard to remove is mineral makeup. I think mineral makeup really melts into the skin and when I wear it, I always oil cleanse to make sure I remove it all. I take 2-3 pumps into my hands and spread Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil all over my dry face and neck and even my eyes to dissolve the makeup. Then I wet my hands(and not a lot, just a little water) and rub my wet hands over my oiled face. The water emulsifies the oil and it turns milky white and then it’s easily rinsed off.
If you’ve always wanted to try a Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, then Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil is the one to get my friends. Now is the time to finally get the ultimate cleanser!
I know, I know-I can hear you: But Tracy! It’s expensive! Yes, it is. But I’m going to do something to prove that it’s not as expensive as you may think it is and it’s something I LOATHE doing: MATH. I must really like you guys or something.
This bottle hold 450 ml and costs $90 USD or $98 CAN. Now a teaspoon is 5 ml and that’s too much I say. I say you need about half of that, so 2.5 ml. So 450 divided by 2.5 equals 180 uses. That’s 6 months worth of cleansing! Well worth it in my opinion.
Do your skin a favour and try Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil. You won’t regret it! I promise!
Disclamer: I was sent this product to review by PR/Company. Love it or leave it, but my review and opinions are my own thoughts and words, thank you very much.